Sta-Plug is Forespar’s form fitting emergency plug that made in USA. A soft cone shaped design allows it to easily fill the irregular shapes of hull impact breaches, as well as any round hole leak from a hose or through-hull. Unique edge gripping riblets help hold the plug in a hole, keeping water out. The riblets help Sta-Plug conform to the shape of the hole, sealing a leak near the edge where a tight fit is crucial, and holding the plug more securely in place. Different by design, Sta-Plug’s shape includes a series of concentrically larger riblets stepped along the length of the cone. These riblets offer two big advantages over traditional straight edged emergency plugs:
- They help Sta-Plug conform to the hole near the edge where a tight fit is most crucial;
- They help hold it more securely in place;
- Twist and compress by hand to insert into hole;
- Expands after insertion to hold in place.
Intended for temporary emergency use with continuous monitoring only, it gives the skipper greater peace-of-mind to allow them to focus on getting the boat to safety.
Made from high density foam, Sta-Plug will remain soft and ready to go for years and will not mould or swell up like conventional wood plugs.
Can be cut with a knife to use in irregular shaped holes, or torn by hand near the riblets to make smaller diameter plugs for smaller holes. Tearing at the 8th riblet creates a plug with a 50 mm (2”) diameter base.
*** NOT FOR FUEL LEAKS ***
Sta-Plug is also great for non-marine applications. In your RV / vehicle, home, workplace, and elsewhere. Users have used it for leak control and temporary repair of low-pressure storage tanks, drums, and other containers.
- Quick repair of storage tanks;
- Ideal for emergency leak repairs on all types of metal, plastic, or composite tanks, drums, and shells;
- Quickly stop leaks in low-pressure stainless steel/plastic containers;
- Ideal for patching and repairing steel or plastic drums;
- Will slow but may not completely stop leaks. Not for use with fuel leaks.